About the Community

Twilight Coven Philippines is a community of Filipino enthusiasts of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Saga and her other works.

Send us an email at: twilightcoven@gmail.com

Forum | TCP@Multiply | Yahoo! Groups | Plurk | Admin Blog on Twitter

The Danag Podcast

Now Online:
Episode 25: We do not care what you did, Carlisle, but we have been waiting a millenium...to La Push you into the crevasse!

Downloads & Show Notes | Past Episodes

Twilight author Stephenie Meyer unfazed as fame dawns

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2008-07-30-stephenie-meyer-mai...

Excerpts:

Her editors asked her to tone down the violence in Breaking Dawn, which she did, and discussed putting an age warning on the book, which she says she supported, although it didn't happen.

"I was for an age limit of 15 or 16 and a warning," says Meyer. "I think the content is just a little harder to handle, a little bit more grown-up for really young kids. I have 9-year-old readers, and I think it's too old for them. Some of it's violence, and some of it's just mature themes."

:

"I guess there's a conditioning from fairy tales that the wedding is the end of the story, but I think most of us know it's another kind of beginning," she says. "There are actual things in the story that I was worried about being spoilers, but the wedding isn't one of them. That's the basic beginning of the story, and then that's when all the trouble starts."

Meyer knows that however she wraps up the series, she won't satisfy all her fans.

"There's no way to please everyone," she says. "The (e-mail) messages I get say, 'If Bella doesn't end up with Edward forever, I'm going to burn this book,' and the next one I get will say, 'If Bella doesn't end up with Jacob forever, I'll burn this book.'

"So that's a problem, but this is the ending I wanted all along. That's the important thing. I think people will be happy, though."


0 comments:

Post a Comment