About the Community

Twilight Coven Philippines is a community of Filipino enthusiasts of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Saga and her other works.

Send us an email at: twilightcoven@gmail.com

Forum | TCP@Multiply | Yahoo! Groups | Plurk | Admin Blog on Twitter

The Danag Podcast

Now Online:
Episode 25: We do not care what you did, Carlisle, but we have been waiting a millenium...to La Push you into the crevasse!

Downloads & Show Notes | Past Episodes

MTV Movie News | 'Twilight' Tuesday: Stephenie Meyer Interview, Part Two

Link: http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1592141/story.jhtml

MTV has posted the 2nd part of Kim Stolz's interview with Stephenie.

Excerpt:

MTV: You've spoken about times when you had to stand up to your agents and publishers for integrity. Could you tell us about one?

Meyer: When I first started with "Twilight," I didn't have any experience. I didn't know what I was doing. So I was pretty intimidated by the editors and the publishers, and I felt like I was a kid in school with the principal telling me what to do! It was hard for me. There were things I changed in the story that I sometimes think maybe would have been better [if I hadn't], but I found what really unleashed the lioness waiting inside was when they tried to mess with who my characters were. When they said, "This is how we would like this to go," I was like, "Edward would never do that! That's impossible!" It always got back to that. If it was something [threatening] the characters, I could hold my own. And that taught me the confidence I needed to continue with a career in writing.

MTV: What would you define as Edward's and Jacob's human faults?

Meyer: Edward's is that he definitely overreacts. Because he's so black-and-white, he goes to extremes completely and totally, and he's learning in "Eclipse" to balance that. Jacob doesn't ever think about anything. See, Edward thinks way too much, and Jacob just charges ahead without thinking about what he's doing. Sometimes he comes off as really rude or obnoxious. He has his obnoxious moments, but he's very human in that. He's very much a 16-year-old boy.

MTV: Vehicles are also very important in the "Twilight" books. So what's Stephenie Meyer's dream ride?

Meyer: I'm waiting for the right Porsche 9. [She laughs.] That's really my car — I love Porsches. I'm kind of a silver-car person, but I think with the Porsche, you would have to go red.

MTV: Is it going to be hard to walk away from "Twilight"?

Meyer: I don't feel like I have yet. I'm still working with the Edward book, which keeps me in it. I know for absolute sure that this is the last time Bella's going to tell the story, but I don't know if I'll be able to leave all the characters behind. There are so many stories there. While I plan to do some other things first, I may come back to it.

More when you click the link above.


0 comments:

Post a Comment