About the Community

Twilight Coven Philippines is a community of Filipino enthusiasts of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Saga and her other works.

Send us an email at: twilightcoven@gmail.com

Forum | TCP@Multiply | Yahoo! Groups | Plurk | Admin Blog on Twitter

The Danag Podcast

Now Online:
Episode 25: We do not care what you did, Carlisle, but we have been waiting a millenium...to La Push you into the crevasse!

Downloads & Show Notes | Past Episodes

Nope, Stephenie is not being sued by anyone

Several legit news sites recently posted that Stephenie Meyer is being sued for plagiarism by an old roommate of hers at University. Today, she posted a clarification about the issue on her website:

I am not being sued. No one has contacted me or my publisher to inform either of us that I'm being sued. I never had a roommate named Heidi. There is no professor in the BYU English department named Dr. Peter Benton (though there is a character on ER by that name). And most of all, I began writing Twilight exactly the way I've told people in countless interviews and events for the past six years: I had a cool dream, I wrote it down, writing it down was really fun, so I kept writing until I had a whole book.

The sad thing about this silly situation is that so many legitimate news outlets reported it without doing any research at all to determine if there was any truth to the story. And at least two of these facts are really, really easy to confirm. Particularly, the one about the BYU professor. A simple on-line search can give you that information. Also, a quick call to my publisher would have cleared up the whole lawsuit story. (Kudos to the fansites who did their due diligence and debunked this rumor days ago.)

She goes on to say that the filming of New Moon is still ongoing, and she seems very impressed with Rob, Kristen, Taylor, and Chris Weitz. Read the full post here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment